Skip to main content

Restlessness in my soul...


Meandering through life
Constantly seeking something
Which has no shape or form
Or even a vague direction

Why is it that the conviction never leaves me
That its nearby within reach
If I could only see through the haze
If only I tried harder to find it

Its as if once I find it
All missing pieces will come together
It’ll give me the goalpost address
I’ll stop meandering then…

Move from being a direction-less stream
To a calm and purposeful river
Who knows there’s an ocean up ahead
Waiting with open arms to welcome her

Welcome her with absolute acceptance
And whatever she brings with her
No judgements, no conditions
Just a warm never-ending embrace saying ‘I missed you!’

‘Where were you my sweetheart?
I’ve been waiting so long…
Without you my vastness is incomplete
And my existness itself – seems wrong’

What will be after I find the direction is so clear
Is it even possible that I can be mistaken?
That there may not be anything up ahead
Except the drudgery of the life I currently lead…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Main khud hi khud ki hamsafar...

Apni zameen main hoon khud Aasmaan bhi main Apni pyaas bhi main hi hoon Uss pyaas ki raahat bhi main Khud ki khushi to hoon hi Apna hi hoon gam bhi Rakshak main hi to hoon apni Aur shayad apni hi bhakshak bhi Bhanwar mein fassi bhi main hoon Bachne ka sahara bhi Iss safar ka aagaaz bhi main hoon Aur safar ka anjaam bhi Dhoop se tadpana bhi mujhe hai Thandak ki chaaya bhi main Raste ki thokar bhi main hoon Sahara liye ek haath bhi main Raat ka andhera hoon main Chandani ki roshni bhi hoon Savere ki thandak hoon main Aur dhoop ki tadpan bhi hoon Main hi manzil hoon khud apni Main hi hoon apna safar bhi Main hi karwaan iss safar ka Uss karwaan mein main tanha bhi Main hi khud ki hamsafar hoon Hoon apni hi saheli bhi Kab kaise main ban gayi Khud apni hi parchhayi bhi…

If Only's...

Isn't everyone's life incomplete without at least a few of these 'If Only's...'? :-) life would be absolutely stupidly boring if we didnt have those moments of reflection where we could go 'if only...' followed with a deep deep heartfelt sigh!! To me having these moments reassure me - tell me that am not just human, but also a person capable of learning from my past... If Only i had not given up easily on the first job offer i got.. just because my family didnt want me to stay away alone... If Only I had persisted and learnt singing the way i wanted to... just because i was too lazy to do the bus trips to mandi house... If only i had learnt swimming early enuf.. i wud have enjoyed australia that much more... If only i hadnt made an ego issue out of a simple fight with a friend... and instead gone back and apologized... If Only the guy i had a huge crush on - reciprocated my feelings... ;-) and so on and so forth... am sure its easy enuf to guess that the lis...

Solitude...

"The Loneliness sometimes overtakes the freedom of solitude" ... This line written by a friend in a mail to me this morning pretty much summed up what i was feeling i guess - but cudnt really pin down myself. Being on your own has a whole lot of addictive plusses i guess... which i realized last week when i was 24*7 with my family in an extremely high emotional and physical stress environment. The craving i felt for my own bed and my own house - on my own - was almost scary. Havent really felt like that before... but then havent really spent so much non-stop time with others (even family) in a long while. I felt like possibly an addict feels in the initial days of being in a rehab!! ;-) i was dreaming of silence... of sitting down at a place and not having to make conversation... of waking up because i wasnt sleepy anymore and not because i 'had to'... of having whatever expression suited me rather than being aware of what my face gives away! and then i got all that i...